"The Interpretation of urban future 2015" in China
Forum of “The Interpretation of urban future 2015” which consists two parts, the lecture, “Reading the Future City” and Chinese University Student Design Competition, “NIHON SEKKEI Award/Future, Exchange/Environment 2015” was held in Tongji University Architecture and Urban Planning Academy.
This forum was held to review the image of “Future City” and to introduce the accomplishment of lecturers’ design practice as well as interacting with Chinese University with promoting exchange and mutual understanding of Japan-China Architecture field for both countries.
The lecture, ” The Interpretation of urban future” was performed with the following theme and more than 500 audiences had attended with great success.
– “Forward to Smart Design” President of NIHON SEKKEI, Yoshinori Chidori
– “Creation of the new urban space” Architect/Professor of the University of Tokyo, Kengo Kuma
– “Environment design by passing of time” Executive Vice President of NIHON SEKKEI, Takushi Fukuda
– “Toshima Ecomusee Town (Toshima Ward Office)” Principal, Masao Kuroki
– “The Future of Making Buildings– Technology Trends in Design and Construction” Senior Industry Program Manager of Autodesk, Erin Rae Hoffer
(Hosted by：NIHON SEKKEI, INC./College of Architecture and Urban Planning Tongji University/Tongji Architectural Design (Group) Co., Ltd./The Architectural Society of Shanghai China)
(Supported by： Autodesk, Inc./”World Architecture” Magazine/”Real Estate Frontier” Magazine)
Chinese University Student Design Competition, “NIHON SEKKEI Award/future, exchange, environment 2015” were held with the following problem contents, and more than 300 applicants’ design plans were collected from all over China.
– Competition Theme: “Futurizing breaks””Even if the future seems far, actually, it has already started”
– Competition Theme: By choosing “any place” of their favorite city, The task is to create public exchange space in the “Future City” based on a social background of development of an information-oriented society, correspondence to an environmental issue and respect of community culture.
– Competition Theme: Site size and Form has no restrictions with the site area of 10,000 square meters.
– Given by：NIHON SEKKEI＋Kengo Kuma
– Jury：President of NIHON SEKKEI, Yoshinori Chidori
Professor of the College of Architecture and Urban Planning Tongji University/Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Zheng Shiling
Architect/Professor of the University of Tokyo, Kengo Kuma
General Architect of Shenzhen General Institute of Architectural Design and Research/Principal Architect of China, Meng JianminI
Committee Chief of art and science, School of Architecture at Southeast University/President of Southeast University of Urban Design and Research, Wang Jianguo
Vice President and General Architect of Shanghai Xian Dai Architectural Design (Group), Shen Di
Principal Architect and Chief of Chinese area, Kyoto Kaya
(Hosted by：NIHON SEKKEI, INC./College of Architecture and Urban Planning Tongji University/Autodesk, Inc.)